NA-User

[na-user] NA 10.xx with TS-570S(G)

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA 10.xx with TS-570S(G)
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:38:14 -0500
At 12:45 AM 11/24/00 -0500, Paul E. Knupke, Jr. wrote:

>Does NA 10 work with the Kenwood TS-570S?   I have set all the communication
>parameters on the radio and in NA and no luck.
>
>I am able to communicate with the rig via hyperterm though.
>
>I did pay attention to the Kenwood1/2 setting and set the radio to 1 stop
>bit, 4800 and 9600 baud but no dice yet.
>
>Any suggestions?

Paul,

 From talking to people who have tried it, the TS-570 will interface with
NA using the standard settings.  Make sure your COM settings in NA are
correct, particularly IRQs.  Remember, NA cannot share IRQs between
multiple COM ports.

However, unless you're an SSB-only operator, you might not want to
interface the TS-570.  According to a multitude of reports, every time the
computer polls the radio for data the CW gets garbled.  I know at least one
user who declined to buy a 570 just for this reason.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://datom.contesting.com