NA-User

[na-user] NA with Internet connection?

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA with Internet connection?
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:13:10 -0500

Jeff,

DXTelNet can be used to send spots to NA by routing the spots out of the
program to a COM port.

We tried DXTelNet a year ago for CQWW CW.  K8DD bought it just before the
contest, so we were climbing the learning curve during setup for the
contest.  We could only get it to shoot spots OUT the COM port to NA - it
would not accept spots to go back to the Internet.  This was undoubtedly
cockpit error on our part.

Since then, we've been using K1TTT's WinTelNetX program with good success.
Dave's recent version have been very stable and trouble free (much more so
than some of the clusters we've been connecting to).  The fact that its
free, plus Dave is a subscriber here to the NA reflector, are both pluses
in my book.

Dave Pruett
DATOM Engineering

"Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>@contesting.com on 11/28/2000 10:12:09
AM

Please respond to "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>

Sent by:  owner-na-user@contesting.com

cc:

Over the weekend, I was playing with CQWW (picking up new
band-countries), and wanted to use NA for practice.

I also wanted to use my internet connection to OH2BUA DXSummit
to see the spotting network.

Are there any tools which will allow NA to see the output from an
Internet connection to the 'Cluster ( Telnet or web)?

I use DX4Win for "casual" DXing, and DXTelNet to feed spots directly
to the logging program. Something similar would be welcome for
NA.

73,
Jeff Maass       jmaass@columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
    Maass' IPSC Resources Page:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/