NA-User

[na-user] Video problems - lockups

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Video problems - lockups
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:02:14 -0400
Tom,

We've seen this problem on occasion at the K8CC multi-multi.  It only seems
to happen when the Packet Window is in use.  The only way we've seen it is
that the Check Partial window overwrites the left end of the Packet
window.  It has never caused a computer to crash.

The problem with trying to fix this bug is the difficulty in trying to
duplicate it.  We have never been able to intentionally create a sequence
of keystrokes or program actions to cause this to happen.  If we could do
this, I'm sure the problem could be fixed quickly.  I have several times
looked at the code search for the reason but have found nothing.

I would *seem* that the condition that creates this is that the Packet
Window is open, and the Check Partial window becomes active (manually or
automatically? don't know).  When Check Partial becomes active, the Packet
Window is supposed to close first, then open the Check Partial window in
addition to something in the upper right position (Check Dupe, Check Mult,
etc.)

If anybody has an observation on what cause this, we'll be glad to fix the
problem right away.

Dave, K8CC