NA-User

[NA-User] A test again

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] A test again
From: G3SJJ" <g3sjj@btinternet.com (G3SJJ)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:23:43 +0100
Bob, not sure about your hypothesis on the out of sync numbers. We
have found that happened in the past whilst scrolling back on the mult
computer but not experienced it whilst waiting to log a qso on the mult
m/c. Last year we logged just short of 3000 Qs with the same loop
network on three computers and experienced no problems. We
suspect this year's problem was associated with the computers which
were provided for us rather than taking our own laptops.

With reference to logging Qs on the 2nd m/c, we are now quite adept
at giving a serial number two ahead and waiting till the run station logs
the previous number, we then hit the Enter key.

As regards changing the rules, well I guess I can speak with some
experience since I served on the RSGB HF Contests Committee when
the IOTA Contest rules were formulated and was chair during its formative
years. The view we took was that limitations of logging software should not
dictate the rules of the contest. I think if there was a real major problem
there
may be a case for a rule change, as it is, the ops just need to be aware and
style their technique accordingly.

Regards Chris G3SJJ, op at GU8D