NA-User

[NA-User] com port problems

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] com port problems
From: cabmas@bankpds.com (Robert Sauvan)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:27:32 -0500
Hi all,
    I am having some big problems with my serial card not working. A little
background: I was hit by lightning and to make a long story short, I had
to replace the serial port card to add com port 3&4 for rig control and
packet etc. I have tried every setting on the card with jumpers and IRQ
settings and addresses.No conflicts and it will check out ok with a loop
test. But, my tnc will not sign on or my rig control cables will not work
either on either port. The only ports that seem to work all the time is com1
and com2. Both are part of the motherboard.Com 1 is the mouse.Com 2 will
let my tnc operate fine.What am I missing? I cant take full advantage of NA
which I have been using for quite some time.Computer is an old pentium
style.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I had a card in before that worked
fine without problems until the lightning strike.Also, I am able to get cw
cables
to work on the 9 pin port on the card but nothing else as I stated. I have
tried
3 different cards. Including a PCI card which wouldnt work either.

                                                    Thanks-Bob-WT9Q