NA-User

[NA-User] No auto split op?

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] No auto split op?
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 29 Oct 2001 04:05:59 -0800
On Sun, 28 October 2001, k8cc wrote:

> At 12:01 AM 10/29/01 +0000, alsopb wrote:
> >Re: V10.53/FT1000MP
> >
> >Any way to automatically have NA pick up the split freq from spots and
> >automatically put it into VFO B?  It also does not seem to report the
> >split when you announce a spot.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, there is no "official" format for the split
> data in a spot coming from a cluster.  Without a standard format, it is
> difficult (if not impossible) to parse out the data reliably.

While it may be true that there's no "official"
format, there is one, at least, semi-official, that CT
uses fairly reliably and that's to utilize spots that
have entered in their comment field the likes of "QSX
UP 5" or QSX DN 1".  If some one only enters "QSX" or
otherwise screws up the format, funny things happen
sometimes, but that's really a lack of robustness in
CT and not the overall scheme.

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com