NA-User

[NA-User] Re: [Yaesu] Re: FT1000 with W1GEE CAT interface

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Re: [Yaesu] Re: FT1000 with W1GEE CAT interface
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:53:59 -0500
PROBLEM SOLVED...

As always this group is a great resource...

Solution - the computer was broken - swap it out...

After toying with it tonight I went to change bands and saw the alt-f1 and
alt-f2 weren't working....did a re-boot and still hosed...so...no matter
what it is not a machine for the desk this weekend, eh?

Moved another computer into place when the software booted I saw the band
change from the default change to the band the rig was on and the CAT light
on the 1000D was flashing...

For now will put that computer in the overhaul stack...now to find the
second computer for this weekend's SO2R activity - only need one comm port
so lots in my inventory to choose from!

Needless to say I was panicking about the new untried rig...looks super
now - type in a freq and hit enter - ZAP the rig and NA were there...I love
it....now back to soldering up the driver board for the six pack...its only
Tuesday, I might almost be ready for SS by 4:00PM Saturday!

Thanks again to all my friends in the Florida Contest Group, K8CC (as always
an asset to his software) and to those guys from near and far who offered up
suggestions...including relative newcomer to FL W3TMZ...thanks Zoomar!

My fingers feel itchy - SS must be getting close!

... ...

1550 B K4OJ 70 WCF

heah, I can dream!

'OJ