NA-User

[NA-User] DOS environment for Win XP using Dual-Boot

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] DOS environment for Win XP using Dual-Boot
From: n4bp@yahoo.com (Bob Patten)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:26:20 -0800 (PST)
--- David Gould <david.gould@btinternet.com> wrote:

> It was something like this..
> Main Win XP partition
> Second partition loaded with Win 98 to get to DOS
> A third drive used as a transfer drive.

W4FMS and I are attempting to set this up on his new HP
notebook with XP installed.  System Commander is supposed
to handle the task, but ran into a problem with XP specific
to the Hewlett Packard.  They promise a bug fix very
shortly.

Anyhow, I installed System Commander on my notebook which
has Windows 98 as the operating system.  I reduced the size
of the FAT32 partition to enable the creation of a separate
FAT partition for DOS 6.22.  This is done with one HDD and
allows me to easily boot up into Win98 or DOS 6.22.  It was
done strictly as an experiment though since NA runs just
fine under Win98 on my notebook...

=====
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP       Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp@yahoo.com         Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412   FISTS #7871   ARS #799   SOC #1   Whiners #6