NA-User

[NA-User] Colours

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Colours
From: N5RP@pdq.net (Bob, N5RP)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 01:05:05 +0000
Well, the version 10.56 change (or whatever) to newer/different
packet/alert cluster combination sure helped me.

Several things played into this particular recent discovery of my problem
with the shrimp colored letters and turquoise background:
AA)
I've been travelling a lot over past several years, and when I did get on
for a contest play I was never using packet.
BB)
I changed to a different monitor during the time frame.
CC)
Now when I get packet up and running here at the home station, I am seeing
a span of some time, as to my aged eyes and program version, both being
impacted  by a different monitor that created a color combo that was
terrible for me.

I suspect that some display monitors might have been perfectly fine for me
and my eyes.

My particular monitor just would not put forth a proper contrast with the
display colors that were locked into the program for packet alert screen.

I tell you,
I was pretty amazed by Dave digging into this unique situation as fast as
he did.
It was truly impressive.

The new colors combos on packet screen make all the difference in the world
to me. When I discovered that the old ones were "locked in" I really had no
idea what I was going to do.

Thank you Dave for solving my particular problem with the screen.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP@pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html