NA-User

[NA-User] NAQP Key Re-Mapping

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] NAQP Key Re-Mapping
From: K2KW@prodigy.net (Kenny K2KW)
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 00:05:52 -0500
Sorry if this is a dupe - had some Email problems.

Hi Guys,

I'm getting prepped for doing my 2nd SO2R effort in
NAQP (first one was a kluged effort using NA with 2
computers).  I'm thinking about improving efficiency
for certain NAQP related functions that are used the
most.  Is there anything that I am doing going to
cause conflicts?  (I've already mapped as described
below and so far no problems).

Are there any other functions in NAQP SO2R that are
used more often that should be considered instead of
the ones I've selected?

Here's what I have remapped.  First character is the
key, and 2nd is what it now does.  The basic mapping
uses the 2 keys to the right of the 3 main typing
lines.  The remapped key closest to a letter is
generally the more common function of the two on that
line.  The goal was to minimize keystrokes, and make
easier for touch typing.

[ = ALT-D (Dupe callsign on 2nd radio)

] = Send Call on Alt radio (previously ; key)

; = send his call and exchange (was insert key)

' = send F3 msg and log call (was = key)

, = ALT-R (switch to 2nd radio)

. = ditto function (was SHIFT-")

Mapping the ; as INSERT, and ' as SEND TU AND LOG QSO
is a habit I developed from the mapping I've used in
CT for many years.  It's highly effective for the main
activity of running stations.  I deemed running as a
more common function than using ALT-D or the old ;
key.  Those keys seem like they are used somewhat less
than the ones for basic running.

Ideas for improvements?

73, Kenny K2KW