NA-User

[NA-User] HI in Sprint

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] HI in Sprint
From: k8cc@comcast.net (David A. Pruett)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:12:41 -0400
At 02:35 AM 9/18/02 +0000, Tom Horton wrote:
>I noticed that NA counted Hawaii as a mult. It is not a multiplier in
>Sprint , is it?

You had me puzzled about this too.  What is happening is that "HI" (the
abbreviation for Hawaii) is actually being scored as the Dominican Republic.

I'm not sure how to handle this.  If you worked HI8LC in the contest, he
would give "HI" as his location info, just like a KH6.  If you want to
score correctly put "DX" as the location for the KH6, but then the Sprint
logcheckers might bust the QSO.  If it were me, I'd leave it as "HI" - the
logs are rescored anyways so your claimed score does not matter.

K8CC