NA-User

[NA-User] Re: [CQ-Contest] USB-Serial adapters?

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Re: [CQ-Contest] USB-Serial adapters?
From: n4bp@netzero.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:36:29 -0500
Richard, M5RIC wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with Sitecom(or any other) USB-Serial adapter?
> Looking to get one to use with a laptop so I have at least 2 serial ports for
> contests.

Get a Belkin F5U103.  I've had dismal failures with two other adaptors,
and then found this one mentioned on AA5AU's RTTY website.  Seems to
work with about any software.  You can even set up to work in a DOS
window, name the com port, assign an IRQ, and run with DOS loggers like NA.

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp@netzero.net                Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!