NA-User

[NA-User] NA and WIn 98 DOS

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] NA and WIn 98 DOS
From: k8cc@comcast.net (David A. Pruett)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:36:32 -0500
At 08:11 AM 11/26/02 -0500, Dan Kovatch wrote:
>Has anyone run NA on a windows 98 machine under the Dos prompt? Just
>loaded the new na 1058 on my windows 98 machine and got the dread error 8
>message?

Two of the K8CC logging computers are used Acers which were taken out of
service from a school district.  The reseller wiped the hard drives and
appears to have reformatted them from a Win98 boot disk.  The computers
boot to a command line prompt and there is no Windows GUI, but they are
running under whatever the Win 98 core is.  We've used these two computers
on the 28 MHz station in ARRL DX CW and CQWW CW this year and they have
worked perfectly.

I know K9TM regularly runs NA under Win98 successfully.

Are you sure it was Error 8?  Without boring everyone with the details, I
don't think that one is possible.

One thing you might check is how much free memory you have in the Win 98
DOS prompt - depending on the machine, you might not have enough DOS memory
to run NA.

Dave