NA-User

[NA-User] Killing two birds with one message

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Killing two birds with one message
From: w8fn@attglobal.net (Randy Farmer)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:22:25 -0600
>I didn't see it mentioned but for the individual that wanted a quick way
>to boot to the program, when you reboot your computer, press F8 which
>should, in most cases, provide you with starting options, one of which is
>starting from a command (DOS) prompt.

I believe it's actually the Ctrl key, at least for Win98SE. Seems to me the
F8 key works for Win95. They're always changing it. If you want to do this,
it's a good to hold the Ctrl key down as soon as the boot process begins.
Many times, particularly with faster machines, the boot process goes so
fast there's no time to get on the key before it's too late.

73...
Randy