NA-User

[NA-User] Running NA 1057 in Windows 2000 Pro.

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Running NA 1057 in Windows 2000 Pro.
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:01:34 -0800 (PST)
--- KG8GW@aol.com wrote:

> My real question is can NA, including rig
> keying be successfully run in Windows 2000?

Hi Roger,

Windows NT/2K/XP are pre-emptively multitasking operating systems. That means
the operating system steals CPU time away from applicaitons so that other
applications can get their fair share of run time.

You should install a 2nd bootable partition on your hard drive so you can boot
to real DOS (6.22) and run NA there.  There is an application note on the
www.K1EA.com web site under the Hints and Kinks section as to how to set this
up.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC