NA-User

[NA-User] System Requirements

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: [NA-User] System Requirements
From: "Dennis Ponsness" <wb0wao@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:18:36 -0500
Dave and group,

I am presently in the stage of "upgrading" my station for the ultimate goal of a 2 rig multi op setup and have a question...

For reference, I am using a P4 with Win XP Home (both machines) and want to run them in a network configuration and also use rig control and WinTelnetX for spotting.

1) Lack of COM Ports - I believe that I can overcome this by installing an I/O board with 2 additional COM ports on them. I think I am limited to 4 COM ports total (correct me if I am wrong), so with that in mind, would the following "work"...

Computer #1 - Station #1 (online to Telnet)

COM 1  Rig Control (K2)
COM 2  WinTelnetX out
COM 3  NA Network (to Computer #2)

Computer #2 - Station #2 (not online)
COM 1  Rig Control (K2)
COM 2  WinTelnetX in
COM 3  NA Network (from Computer #1)

The only thing that I am not sure about is the WinTelnetX configuration. I know that it needs 2 COM ports to work "correctly" - I want to be able to send spots as well as RX them! Does it matter if the COM ports are on different machines? And I would assume that the spots coming into Station #2 would be sent over the NA Network to show up on Station #1.

TNX es CU in the 'tests!

73

Dennis - WB0WAO

EN84ij Iosco County, Michigan
K2 #3555

Charter Member - Michigan DX Association
www.qsl.net/wb0wao
:=)