NA-User

RE: [NA-User] spam from a subscriber to this list

To: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@prexar.com>, <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [NA-User] spam from a subscriber to this list
From: "k9tm" <k9tm@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:23:27 -0500
It appears as though he is using this vetomail service to lessen his junk
mail.  This is one of many anti-spam methods.  IMHO, it is a poor one as it
puts the burden on the senders and not on the receiver.  I think it is like
"pay before you pump' gas.  It says that everyone is a spammer (or going to
steal gas) and you have to prove otherwise.  I don't patronize gas stations
that require pay before you pump and I don't go to web sites to confirm my
email address is real.

My calling it spam is because, I never sent an email to him, I deleted the
first email sent on his behalf, other emails continue to come in from
vetomail asking me to verify I am who I am.  Since I never sent him an email
and I never sent anything to vetomail... the unsolicited emails I get from
vetomail on his behalf asking me to confirm my email address are spam.  Why
should I help them stuff their database with valid emails?  What are they
going to do with them?  What do I get for it?

It does not appear to be an email spoof as you suggested.  He apparently
selected to use this to control his email... I'm just saying that I won't
play along.  Now that his service is sending me emails, he needs to find a
way to stop it.  If I go to vetomail, then I support what I think is a bad
behaviour.  I won't do that.  I guess I can only hope that it will stop
asking after some number of retries?  I have already created a rule to
delete all emails from vetomail... so I won't see them any more.

73 Tim K9TM