NA-User

[NA-User] Another multi-boot solution for Windows XP

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: [NA-User] Another multi-boot solution for Windows XP
From: Scott Dickson <shdickson@allvantage.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 21:19:37 -0500

Friends,

Here is another alternative for multi-boot scenarios with Windows XP.  I
use this one on my Dell Inspiron 600m with XP Home edition.  The real
benefit is that the hard drive partitioning is non-destructive.  This
procedure is well written, with about 30 pages of screen shots, and step by
step instructions that take the user from downloading the FREE software, to
installing it, configuring the system.

It is based on a bootable LINUX system rescue disk.  Don't let LINUX scare
you.  This is way slicker than Partition Magic.

Courtesy of the K1EA website:

http://www.k1ea.com/hints/DOS%20dual%20boot%20version%201.0.pdf

Works smooth, and the initial setup and config process took less than half
an hour.

--Scott Dickson, W5WZ