NA-User

[NA-User] CTY-1705 Contest Country Files - 3 August 2007

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: [NA-User] CTY-1705 Contest Country Files - 3 August 2007
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 02:56:39 GMT
The Contest Country (CTY) Files were updated on 3 August 2007.

    http://www.country-files.com/cty/

Here are the release notes:

3 August 2007 (CTY-1705)

    * 4N4AE is Bosnia-Herzegovina, T9
    * GB0BWT, GB1EPC and GB5BBS are all Scotland, GM
    * GB200A is Wales, GW
    * GB2ELH is Shetland, GM/s, not Scotland, GM
    * GB2MAD and GB4MNH are both Isle of Man, GD
    * Updated all Shetland callsigns (thanks Hans MM0XAU)
    * JA6GXK/JD1 and JD1BMM are both Minami Torishima, JD/m
    * KH6QAI (NV), KH6QAJ (NV) and KL0LN (AL) are all United States, K
    * N4OGW is in ITU Zone 8
    * R70PW and UE60SWA are both Asiatic Russia, UA9
    * TO1USB is Guadeloupe, FG
    * TO1YR, TO3T and TO5J are all Martinique, FM
    * VK9CL and VK9GL are both new prefixes for Lord Howe I., VK9L
    * VK9CN is a new prefix for Norfolk I., VK9N
    * VP6DX will be used from Ducie I., VP6/d in 2008

The country files now contain a version string. Under the prefix list
for Canada, there is a new "callsign" that looks like:

    VERyyyymmdd

This will encode the date the country file was released: "yyyy"
represents the 4-digit year, "mm" the 2-digit numerical month (01-12)
and "dd" the 2-digit day of the month (01-31). This feature will be used
by CC Cluster <http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/ccc/cluster.htm> to determine
when a new country file has been uploaded.

This version number is not related to the CTY release version number:

    CTY-yynn

where "yy" represents the number of years since 1990, and nn is the
numerical release number within that year (starting at 01).

73 - Jim AD1C