NA-User

Re: [NA-User] NA with CQ 160 new exchange?

To: Peg Haese KB9LIE <kb9lie@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] NA with CQ 160 new exchange?
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:21:33 -0500
Peg Haese KB9LIE wrote:
> How do we make NA 10.66 work for the CQ 160 contests? Exchange is now RS/T
> plus zone rather than RS/T plus country.
>
> 73 de Peg KB9LIE in SW Wisconsin USA

Peg,

You can simply enter the CQ zone for DX stations and NA will score
correctly.  Because of the wide variation of what people might log in
the location field, NA has never tried to interpret a country
name/prefix entered there.  NA interprets the country from the callsign
of the QSO instead.

We do have is a new version which we'll get up onto the web site
tomorrow evening which will automatically fill in the CQ zone for
non-domestic stations.  But this is simply operator convenience -
nothing changes in how the contest is scored.

Check the web site http://www.datomonline.com tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC