NA-User

Re: [NA-User] [CQ-Contest] Question for NA Contest Program Users

To: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] [CQ-Contest] Question for NA Contest Program Users
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:06:04 +0300
Jim,

I have 300,000+ QSOs in LoTW (including 5BWAS, WAS "Triple Play", 257 countries
pls 5BDXCC) and every single QSO came from NA.  I did it using Cabrillo files,
and never had a problem.

However, you probably can use your existing NA ADIF files simply by renaming
these from *.adf to *.adi.  NA was one of the first contest loggers to add ADIF
support, and at that time, the ADIF spec did not specify a standard file
extension for an ADIF file.  I chose ".adf", and much later LoTW chose ".adi".
The ADIF file spec has so much variability built into it, that I decided to
avoid the issues with my own logs and went with Cabrillo from the beginning.
And as I said previously, never had a problem...

73,
Dave SV/K8CC
on the sunny island of Rhodes

Sent from my iPhone