[Orion] Re: Orion in WW Phone

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Re: Orion in WW Phone
From: "Salina Physician Anesthesia" <spa@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:16:22 GMT
Used the Orion for the first time in a contest. Had a bad antenna situation and no punch on transmit, but was the first time I've heard signals thru the normal crud that I couldn't get enough oomph to get to answer. That with 1500 watts. Frustrating hearing 9K2 and 4R4 calling for 10 min each with no takers and no reply to my pleadings.

No one can blame the designers of the RX for building alligators.

N0UU