[TenTec] Orion wish list: PBT/BW/RIT steps

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion wish list: PBT/BW/RIT steps
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:57:23 -0600
After 20 or so hours of airtime, I find the BW control to be a "coarse"
adjustment - I'd be very happy to vary the BW in 50 Hz steps.  I don't see
much difference between 430, 450 and 470 Hz, but I see a difference
between 400, 450 and 500 Hz.  On the other hand, I find the PBT and RIT
controls to be "fine" adjustments.  I like to vary those in 10 Hz steps.
So my wish is, in a future firmware, the PBT, BW and RIT steps will be
individually adjustable.  Or the PBT and RIT can be the same, but the BW
step will be separately adjustable.  In this case, I would set PBT and RIT
to 10 Hz, and BW to 50 Hz.

73, John