[Orion] Orion panel heat solution

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, "orion Reflector" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion panel heat solution
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:13:55 -1000
Hi,

Have solved this small issue.  Top of my Orion,  just
above the display area,  would become very warm,
nearly "hot" after a few hours operation.  I have the
fan Ten Tec sells to mount on the heat sink,  but
not using PSK nor RTTY these days have not had
the fan on the sink.

So,  I have just laid it atop the Orion, directly over the
vent slots just above the display.  The fan "bracket"
lip just touches/almost rests in the small "slot" running
across the top of the case just aft of the front panel
face.  This little fan draws plenty of air up and out
from the panel area:  the entire front panel now
stays quite cool!  The fan is plugged in to the 13v
dc RCA socket on the back panel.  The air can enter
via the slots on the case bottom,  or through the other
slots atop the case.  Quite pleased with this result.

BTW,  this fan is very quiet!

73,  Jim  KH7M