[Orion] Orion - LCW vs. UCW

To: orion@contesting.com, ken@k1ea.com, ditsnbits@tentec.com,tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion - LCW vs. UCW
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <chas.shaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:53:47 +0000
Greetings from New Mexico,

This past weekend I discovered that when using CT, band AND frequency changes made by inputting the new frequency in the call-sign area also cause the Orion to change to the CW mode (UCW/LCW) according to the conventions used for upper/lower SSB for that band. This is disconcerting and time consuming. It took some time before I even figured out what was happening.

I don't know whether this is caused by the programming of the Orion or of CT--I leave that to others who are smarter than I.

Normally I prefer to work CW using LCW, so I had set my Orion that way. The tuning "sense" then remains the same no matter which band I am on.

Perhaps this can be changed [either by Ten-Tec or by Ken]. The present situation negates the advantage of keyboard frequency AND band changes if the op wants -Either- UCW or LCW all the time.

73,
Charles - N5UL