[Orion] Orion as an IF for transverters

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion as an IF for transverters
From: rbeersr@ev1.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:11:43 -0600
Has anyone tried the Orion as an IF for VHF / UHF transverters? I am wondering how well the receiver functions when you add the gain from antenna mounted preamps and the transverter as well? I posed this question once before with no replies. So may I assume that no one has tried this feature on the Orion? If anyone knows someone who has tried this mode of operation with the Orion but who is not on this reflector, could you send me his call so that I can contact him. Just want to do some "due diligence" before sending in my order. Thanks Dick W5AK