Re: [Orion] Orion Panel Heat et al

To: "Orion Reflector" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Panel Heat et al
From: "W0YG Charlie Summers" <w0yg@plusten.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:28:15 -0000
I also just received my Ten Tec fan kit.  It is extremely quiet.  I don't
hear it at all but then it might be like that frog with no legs that cannot
jump and I cannot hear!

Regarding the microphone issue, I will post a synopsis of users inputs
shortly.  It seems as if there is a lot of confusion out there yet in spite
of the fact many thought this issue put to bed.

The ARRL review indicates that by manually selecting the 500 Hz filter, the
radio noise comes up appreciably.  Mine does the same.  Any ideas as to why?
The noise goes back down when I select the 250 Hz roofing filter????

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>