[Orion] RX antenna input

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] RX antenna input
From: Bruce W3BP <w3bp@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:04:50 +0000
I was in the 160M contest this weekend using a beverage while running full
power. No damage to the radio but maybe I was just lucky. I am running my
amp in non-QSK mode but with the Beverage I could hear between dits.
I have been checking the top of my radio for heat as some have reported, and
find mine to be just warm which seems quite normal even with other equipment
blocking some of the ventilation slots.
Did not notice any signals too strong for this radio to handle. Since having
the Orion I notice other stations key clicks more than I used to. Contesting
sure would be more injoyable if everyone was using a rig as clean as the
Orion.

73, Bruce W3BP