[Orion] re: Orion RX antenna input

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] re: Orion RX antenna input
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <chas.shaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:54:11 +0000
Bruce (W3BP) said:

>I was in the 160M contest this weekend using a beverage while running full
>power. No damage to the radio but maybe I was just lucky.

Same here. But, I have been using all the Ten-Tec XCVRs with their QSK amps since the Omni-A came out and never had a problem with any of them. (Not the same with static buildups from nearby sand storms and lightning, though--but that was way back with the early Omni's.)

I am not concerned at this point, either.

Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM