Re: [Orion] Sweep freezes

To: "Orion @yahoo" <orion565@yahoogroups.com>,"Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Sweep freezes
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:47:30 -0600
> I am sure this must be cockpit error but at random times my sweep freezes.
> Anyone else experiencing this?

yep. can't say how often, but occasionally.  i haven't been able to
establish any pattern.  power cycling restores the sweep.

> Also, is there a way when the Orion is turned on that the sweep
> automatically comes up?  It is a bit of a nuisance to always have to push
> the sweep button.  Perhaps again I am doing something wrong though.

i don't think so, but i'd be all for it.

btw, i had one of those mentioned contest burps this morning - the
subreceiver quit.  all indications were it was online, and no matter of
button pushing restored it until i cycled the power.

73, john