[TenTec] Re: [Orion] Orion Firmware Bug Report

To: orion@contesting.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [Orion] Orion Firmware Bug Report
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:20:57 -0600
> I hope this isn't something normal, that I missed in the manual. If
> so, I apologize for using up bandwidth.  In any case, I hope a future
> firmware revision fixes it, because it makes tuning AM on the
> subreceiver unsatisfactory.  I'm using the latest firmware release.

I've noticed funky tuning on the subreceiver also (in AM mode).  But
haven't used it enough to realize what's happening.  What I noticed -- and
reported to ditsnbits@tentec.com a long time ago -- was a "pop" in the
audio about every 2.5 Khz in AM.   I don't have time to go play with it right
now, but I suspect you're correct in your assessment -- and the "pop" I
was hearing was actually the tuning step changing by 2.5Khz.

It's been like this since day one ..

Grant/NQ5T