[Orion] Last call for Inrad #352

To: orion@contesting.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Last call for Inrad #352
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:19:29 -0500
        Inrad is within days of placing our order so please
let me ASAP if anyone is interested in the 600 Hz filter
kit to replace the standard 1000 Hz filter.  Cost is $40
including Orion-compatible pc board, and shipping.
I will make some detailed photos and instructions in
addition to those which Inrad provides with the kit.

        Below is the graph of Inrad's #350 filter which is
identical to ours except for being centered at 9000.0 kHz
instead of 9001.5 kHz.  Comparisons to the stock Ten-Tec
1000 Hz are:

Filter          6 dB BW 18 dB BW        Insertion Loss
#352            612.5 Hz        ~900 Hz <4 dB
TT1000  1070 Hz ~1500 Hz        ~3 dB (my guess)

http://www.qth.com/inrad/graphs/350.gif

I showed the -18 dB BW since this is as far down
as a roofing filter needs to be for a radio with Orion's
dynamic range.  More rejection is unnecessary
which is why all of Orion's stock roofing filters are
only 4-pole (like this one).

Functionality should be maintained except for the items
I noted in a previous post:

http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/orion/2004-January/000193.html

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

73, Bill W4ZV