Re: [Orion] Re: [TenTec] Topband: BDR redux

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Re: [TenTec] Topband: BDR redux
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:52:59 -0600
> This is true. It's certainly better to have a separate AGC threshold,
> as in Orion. Unfortunately, AGC Threshold control on Orion is an
> ergonomic disaster. It should have had a knob assigned to itself,
> along with appropriate S meter indication.

The crash of the Hindenburg was a disaster.  The threshold control
can be set up to be one button push away ...

Not sure I understand why adjusting THRESHOLD should have any
impact on S-Meter indication ???

In any case, the suggestion has been made to permit certain
defaults to be assigned to MULTI.   Perhaps we'll see something in
a future update -- it's one of those things where the experience of
many  using the radio was able to prove in the usefulness of
something that wasn't initially anticipated.  I quote from Martha
Stewart .. "That's a good thing"  :-)

Grant/NQ5T