[TenTec] Orion web log etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion web log etc.
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:19:54 -0500
Lots of fun here with a new Orion. There are too many observations & comments to post here, so I'll let those who are interested check it out at http://www.aa6e.com/aa6e/blog/ This is a "non-contesting" critique, so my hang-ups will be different from some you've read. Still, I make no claim of originality. It's a log, not a review. Your response is welcome.

The main theme is that this rig is close enough to perfect as far as RF performance goes. The big issues from here on are DSP, GUI, and other "information technology" problems. I appreciate the contester's concern for operating efficiency (which is good for everyone), but I am more concerned with computer integration for digital modes and that kind of thing.

I am also collecting on-line resources connected to the Orion. Do you have any to recommend, beyond those available via TenTec's own pages? I'd like to know.

Thanks/73

Martin
AA6E