RE: [Orion] Orion & SSB QRM question

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Orion] Orion & SSB QRM question
From: nq5t@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 03:02:58 +0000
HI/LOW filter control is much like VBT or Twin Passband tuning on other brands.

HI cut lowers the upper (relative to mode) edge.  LOW cut raises the lower
edge.  It is effectively a coordinated combination of BW and PBT in one stroke
which keeps one filter edge in the same spot and slides the other up or down.
I find it quite useful.  If you set bandwidth and PBT for normal operation,
then HI/LOW cut operates relative to whatever you have set.

There is a bug in the display of PBT value when using HI/LOW CUT, but T-T is
aware of it.

Grant/NQ5T