RE: [Orion] USING ORION'S RECEIVER

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Orion] USING ORION'S RECEIVER
From: "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:31:20 -0500
Sinisa,

I too would like to compliment you on your clear, concise
explanation of how to use the Orion.  I am a newbie -
had mine about one week.  One thing I noticed is that
slow, med, and fast agc settings are user definable to
different degrees.  I have not seen this mentioned
elsewhere.

Given the difficulty of manipulating agc settings while
contesting, do you have any recommendations for
the setting of these?  One might toggle through the
five settings faster than one could adjust the prog
setting through the menus.

73,
Tom Wagner - N1MM
Check out the N1MM Free Contest Logger at:
http://www.n1mm.com