[Orion] RX problems

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] RX problems
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:14:53 EST
>>Does anyone have any idea on what I did wrong?  <<

You did nothing wrong, just that Orion is too smart. It thought that you
needed break, so it went to sleep :-)

I had the same thing happen in ARRL phone three times, one time I went away,
came back to dead (just noise) RX. Looks like when we think that band is dead,
no signals, we better turn it off and on just to make sure Orion is not
"thinking". But don't worry, everything will be fixed by next release of free
software update.

One case I had TX to quit transmitting after I was switching AGC.
Another "feature" is when you key down and try to adjust the power level
while watching the power meter - meter gets nervous, keeps fluctuating. Looks
like
it is under software control (it has "hang" time programed to 300 mS).

73 Yuri, K3BU