[Orion] Raspy Received CW Note on Orion

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Raspy Received CW Note on Orion
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:09:38 -0500
Just as a follow up to my previous posting and consistent with other reports, there is no doubt that turning the Sweep function on does bring up the problem. The received note becomes raspy, the noise level comes up and IMD-like spurious signals are very prominent. It seems that a master reset is not necessary to restore normal CW reception. Turning the unit off for an extended period (A couple of hours? I haven't checked for a minimum, but a quick on-off is not sufficient.) does the trick. I was beginning to suspect a hardware problem, but the unit has been on all weekend now without any problems. I am using software version 1.369

73, Joe.