[Orion] FSK on the Orion

To: "'Orion'" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] FSK on the Orion
From: "William H. Hein" <Bill@AA6TT.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:40:36 -0400
I spent a long time today trying to get FSK RTTY to work on my Orion.  I am
using MMTTY ver 1.65 and TxD from a serial port to key the FSK TX data via
the AUX I/O jack.

I couldn't get anyone to answer my calls even with high power.  Happened
over and over.  I then noticed that the Orion defaults to Mark Low in FSK Tx
Data in the Other menu.  I guess I had been TXing inverted (but RXing OK).
When I set this to Mark High, I started TXing normally and was able to make
a few QSOs.

Anyone have any idea why I have to use Mark High?  This seems reversed to
me.

I am using the FSK mode on the Orion, by the way, not LSB.  I verified that
MMTTY is not in reverse mode.

73,
Bill NT1Y