[Orion] Re: [Hamlib-developer] support for ten tec orion?

To: hamlib-developer@lists.sourceforge.net, reincouperus@planet.nl
Subject: [Orion] Re: [Hamlib-developer] support for ten tec orion?
From: Ken Koster <n7ipb@algedi.wetnet.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 20:43:57 -0700
> the model 550. Meanwhile I have added native support for the orion in tlf

Since I did a major chunk of the 550 support, I'll weigh in on
this one.

The 565 instruction set is not at all like the 550.  I don't know why ten-tec
says so,  but it's not even close.  None of the commands will match.

As Stephane said, the Argonaut (516) protocol is the closes match to the 565
but even it is considerably different so it won't work without additional
changes.

Ken,  N7IPB