Re: [Orion] Orion Mike plug

To: "Joseph A. & Ruth O. Ryan" <ablee@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Mike plug
From: Ralph Irish <w8roi@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:30:59 -0400
Joe

I use the Heil Gold mike with my ORION, and I use the Ten Tec mike
cord.  the Ten Tec cord has the shell grounded at each end.  The
heil cord does not.  When I ordered my ORION, I told Scott Robbins
that I would 'pass' on their cord, since I ordered mine with the
mike.

He strongly suggested that I use their mike cord, because of the
grounding situation.  When the 'goods' arrived, I got out my meter
and tested the continuity of both cord sets and the Ten Tec showed
continuity and the Heil cord did not.

I have had no bad audio reports in the nearly 1 year that I have
had the ORION on line.

So, you can decide whether to modify the ORION and use the Heil
cord set, or order only the mike from Heil, (or Ten Tec, for that
matter) and use the Ten Tec cord set.

73,

Ralph - W8ROI