[Orion] Inrad 762 and PBT - A unique and powerful combination

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Inrad 762 and PBT - A unique and powerful combination
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:49:11 -0400
        Last week I promised some plots to show the
effectiveness of PBT in combination with the Inrad 762.
I've included these on my Inrad page here:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/inrad_.htm (scroll down)

Orion is unique in using PBT at the First IF, as well as
in the 3rd IF DSP.  No other radios I am aware of (Omni,
FT-1000 family, IC-756/7800 or FT DX 9000) can do this.
It requires both a narrow (600 Hz) roofing filter AND control
of the First IF via PBT, and there is NO other radio that
has either capability.

        Friday is my 1st anniversary using Orion and I
continue to learn things about this amazing radio!

73, Bill W4ZV