[Orion] Orion No Receive

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion No Receive
From: "Kamar" <kamar@inr.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:09:07 -0400
Well, it finally happened to me after owning the Orion for almost one year.
The band appeared to have gone dead.  I was listening to 40 meters for about
an hour with the NR on and set to 2.  All signals disappeared.

Believing that 40 meters went south, I switched to 20 meters, and heard weak
signals for a few seconds.  Then the receiver appeared to go dead, but with
background noise similar to band (atmospheric) noise that weak.  However,
there was no signals no matter where I tuned across the 20 meter band.
Switching antennas (3 element yagi on 20/15/10, and 80/40/24 meter dipoles)
resulted in no signals but still had like weak atmospheric noise.

Switched back to 40 meters and then right back to 20 meters; the signals
were there.  Switching back to 40 meters I was receiving strong signals.
Note that I never performed a 'radio reboot.'  Just switched between 20/40
meter bands.

Running software version 1.371; this is the first time that I have noticed
any problems with the Orion.......

Ron .... NU1U