Re: [Orion] Wiring Orion <-> Soundcard?

To: wd3q@starpower.net, orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Wiring Orion <-> Soundcard?
From: WB3LGC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:21:13 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/2004 12:42:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wd3q@starpower.net writes:
What's the 'correct' way to hook up my Orion to the soundcard for use
with Writelog, DX4Win and other soundcard modem software?  There seem
to be lots of 'rear panel'  options for the Orion.
I am using the rear connector for PTT, In and OUT.  Via the RCA connectors in
the patch cable supplied.  The IN/OUT are fed to a pair of 600 ohm audio
transformers (from a RASCAL interface kit) to the sound card i/o.  It works
great.
 I switch between MIKE and AUX via the menu.  I set the AUX gain for 65 and
found a computer audio setting that drove the rig to 100 watts for RTTY.

73, Steve