[Orion] ORION PERFORMANCE

To: "'ORION (E-mail)'" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] ORION PERFORMANCE
From: PY5EG <py5eg@iesa.com.br>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:12:00 -0200
Hi friends:

            I have my Orion with all the filters for more than 5 months now
and comparing the rig with my MARK V , I'm disappointed with the Orion's
performance.
            I'm using Tarsus's Xcvrs most of the time, having two MARK V,
and two FT1000D.
            Reading some reports on the ORION , I decided to test it. In the
beginning I thought that I was not customizing the rig to the best
performance. I got all reports and technical mails available and never
achieve good results with the rig.
            Last weekend we organize a M/2 effort PS2T from my station
PY2OMS in Araraquara . We had 6 contest expert operators reaching more than
9000 Qs and 20,4 million points.
            We had side by side a Mark V and the Orion. The opinion has been
unanimous "The MarkV is by far better than the Orion".
            The most important disadvantages are:

            Much more noisy - even with all very famous roofing filters
etc..
            Poor Pileups intelligibility.
            We never got the best position on AGC versus NR.

            So, due the fact that are many reports saying the contrary. What
is happening?

            I would appreciate comments in this regard.

            BTW I'm a Ham for more than 40 years, I already built my radios
on the past and operated practically with all kind of rigs.

            Thanks in advance.

            Oms PY2OMS

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada.
Se você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta
mensagem, não deverá utilizar, copiar, alterar, divulgar a informação
nela contida ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se
você recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente
o remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o.Agradecemos
sua cooperação.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, change, take any action
based on this message or any information herein. If you have received
this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.