[Orion] Re: Shack grounds

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Re: Shack grounds
From: "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:43:32 GMT
Not sure how this all got going on the Orion reflector, but I've had no problems with RF in the rig. But my shack is 80 inches by 80 inches by 92 inches high. Well away from anything else. Is totally enclosed with 10 ga. steel overlaping 4 inches at the joints. There are two large copper wires CAD welded on each side to the plates and those CAD welded to ground rods immediately below the steel plates. The station buss connection to the outsideruns through a CAD welded connection through a steel plate and down to a ground. AC lines come in through a steel box also screwed to the steel plates. Power ines come in underground. Will get the SteppIR cable tied in as soon as I figure how to get 24 wires bypassed to ground. Best $1200 I've spent. Painted battleship grey.

No problem at all with the ORION, Strange that I have to have the door open to use the cell phone!

N0UU