Re: [Orion] Orion: Non Tuner Orion

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion: Non Tuner Orion
From: "Mark Ericksen" <merickse@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:31:44 -0500
Vince, you don't have to wait for you wife to leave town to take delivery of
a new radio.  Order the radio well in advance of your wife leaving for her
trip, and have it delivered to the nearest UPS facility where it will be
held for you to pickup.  From there you can keep the radio hidden in the
garage, under the bed, in the trunk of the car, etc.; and it will be ready
for you to unbox as soon as she leaves.  I have found that women in general
find that things like radios all look the same, so if you already have a
radio in the house swap it out with the new one, and she may not know the
difference.  I find that it helps to cover the radio up with a towel when
not being used.  It could be months, if ever, before she finds out what you
have done.

I have found that something like the purchase of a new radio is on a need to
know basis, and why does the wife really need to know?  I have been giving
this a lot of thought lately because I have been wanting to purchase a new
radio, and the best time to do it will be when my wife is out of town
visiting her son in Texas in March.  If I swap the new radio with my current
rig, which is sitting on my desk, covered with a towel, next to the computer
that she uses every day, she will never know.

Vince, be bold and good luck.