Re: [Orion] Heresy?

To: Barry N1EU <barryg.n1eu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Heresy?
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:14:14 -0500
I'd second the point about diversity reception.  The second Rx antenna
doesn't seem to be critical.  You get a very interesting effect as
long as the antennas have significantly different patterns.  With my
asymmetric hearing loss, the diversity effect is much stronger than
the "binaural" receive mode -- maybe because you can set the R/L
levels separately. Disclaimer: I'm no contester, and I mostly hang out
on PSK31, where my software doesn't know what to do with diversity.
martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net