Re: [Orion] Orion with Top Ten Devices Band Decoder

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion with Top Ten Devices Band Decoder
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:19:44 -0500
Jim McDonald wrote:

> I converted my Yaesu band decoder to use with my Orion but it's not working
> in automatic mode.  I've measured the voltages from the Band Data 1 (or 2)
> at the input of the band decoder and see 1.4 V on each, except the selected
> band, which is 0 V.  Is that all there's supposed to be?  It does work fine
> selecting the antenna with the switch.

Orion's outputs are open-collector, no voltage is sourced.
1.4 V comes from the band decoder, not from Orion.
For reliable operation pull up resistors should be added.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA

YU DX Contest has new rules.   We tried to encompass
all the variety of modern ham's inclinations, while avoiding
"award inflation", all too common nowdays.  Please, have a look!

http://yudx.net

.