[Orion] Fw: 3 PPM freq stability

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Fw: 3 PPM freq stability
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:51:20 -0400
What you are seeing seems typical for the Orion.  My N4PY Orion control
program has a calibrate feature in it that lets the program display correct
this frequency error.  You tune in WWV at 10 mhz and, tune in the frequency
just as you have done and then click "calibrate".  the program then figures
out the error at all frequencies and adds this correction to the program
displayed frequency.  It's a lot easier than adjusting the TXCO which is
very touchy.  See www.n4py.com

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC